Prof. SIMRIT KAUR
Her areas of interest include Economics, Management of Public Enterprises and Economic Environment of Business. She has to her credit several published papers in the areas of privatisation, disinvestment and public regulation in the form of "Memorandum of Understanding". In her professional capacity she has provided consultancy to various national and multinational companies.
1. “The Employment Implications of Divestiture: The Indian Experience” presented at the VI International Labour Market Conference at Aberden on June 10 & 11, 2002.
2. Presented a paper titled “MOUs-Corporate Governance with Information Asymmetrics” at the All India Management Association Conference held at IIM Bangalore, August 2000.
3. Presented a paper titled “Public Sector Reforms- The Efficiency Dimension” at the SCOPE in a seminar organized on “Crisis, Reforms and Recovery”, January 3-5, 2000.
4. “Soft Targeting in the Indian Public Sector Enterprises” Paper presented at the XII World Congress of the International Economic Association held at Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 1999, published in conference proceedings.
1. "Reforming Indian Public Sector Enterprises-The Efficiency Dimensions", Journal of Management Research, Vol. 1, No. 3 May-Aug. 2001.
2. "Financing Indian Infrastructure - A Greenfield Privatization Approach", in Contemporary Issues in Finance, edited By V.K. Bhalla, Anmol Publications Pvt Ltd., New Delhi, 1999.
3. "Dis-investment in India", The Journal of Institute of Public Enterprise, Dec 1998.
4. "The Indian Experience with the Memorandum of Understanding", Abhigyan, Vol. 3, No. 16, July-Aug. 1998.
5. "Reforming State Owned Enterprises- The Indian Experience", Company Secretary, April 1998.
6. "Full Convertibility", Indian Management, 37 No.2, Feb 1998.
7. "Privatization and Public Regulation", Paradigm, vol. 1, No.2 Jan 1998.